The members of “ViSTA”, or Victoria Sustainable Tourism Alliance, are comprised of green hotels, environmentally responsible eco-tour operators, carbon neutral and eco-friendly airlines, hybrid & eco-friendly rental car agencies, oceanwise restaurants, attractions and activities that maintain sustainable practices…
With so many resources available at your fingertips, where is a would-be green traveler go to start?
The Victoria Sustainable Tourism Alliance is about letting people know what we do and why we do what we do to promote sustainability. We believe that in this way we can better engage a wider group of travelers than just the `green`minded or better yet the “responsible traveler and in doing so help support Victoria in its goal to be the greenest city in Canada.
- Eagle Wing Whale & Wildlife Watching Tours: Eagle Wing Tours has won awards for environmental efforts, like support for 1% For the Planet and for being Canada’s first 100% carbon neutral whale watching company. When you ride with Eagle Wing you are guaranteed to see whales (and guaranteed adventure). For travellers demanding more, Eagle Wing Tours is Trip Advisor’s top rated whale watching experience in Victoria, since 2007. At the centre of the world’s highest concentration of killer whales (orca) in the Salish Sea you will be treated to a thrilling, sustainable, and premium marine adventure.
- Inn at Laurel Point: Stay at our Victoria BC hotel, and you’ll stay different than anywhere else. So if you are here for a nice leisure getaway, attending a conference at the Victoria Conference Center, or making use of our meeting space; we’ve got you covered. First, there’s our water. We have plenty of it. Victoria, BC’s mesmerizing Harbour surrounds the Inn at Laurel Point hotel on three sides, soothing you at every turn. From our Victoria hotel’s balconies and windows to patios and gardens, ocean views follow you from check-in to guestroom.
- Harbour Air Seaplanes: Offering breathtaking scenic tours, private charters and frequent scheduled flights between downtown Vancouver, South Vancouver (YVR), downtown Victoria, Nanaimo, Comox, Sechelt, Whistler and the Gulf Islands. New land-based service: Tantalus Air – private charters offering the convenience and executive comfort of a private jet …at half the cost. The Harbour Air Group is comprised of Harbour Air Seaplanes, Westcoast Air, Whistler Air and Tantalus Air
ADDITIONAL MEMBERS of ViSTA include:
- Floating Fish Store: Not only do we stock the freshest fish in season, we are also proud to be the Vancouver Aquariums first 100% Ocean Wise certified seafood retailer and restaurant. From wild Halibut, Salmon and Tuna to live Crab, Mussels and Clams we stock only the finest, sustainably harvested seafood available. Put that together with Victorias’ largest selection of live oysters and you have an opportunity to enter seafood heaven. Whether you join us down on the docks for a fresh seafood meal from our restaurant, or have us pack seafood from our fish counter into a cooler to fly home with you, you are assured of getting only
the finest locally harvested, sustainable seafood.
- The Parkside Hotel & Spa: Parkside is a sustainable resort hotel targeting LEED® Platinum Certification. Parkside features a 25-metre indoor pool, The Parkside Spa, theatre, rooftop gardens, designer furnishings, gourmet kitchens and inviting suites. Discover the best of BC’s capital from our unique downtown victoria hotel. Energetic city life and some of downtown Victoria’s most popular attractions are just steps away, including Beacon Hill Park, the Royal BC Museum and the city’s best shopping, dining, golf, sightseeing, heritage and culture.
- Delta Ocean Pointe Resort Hotel & Spa Victoria: Situated on Victoria’s breathtaking Inner Harbour, the newly renovated Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort and Spa is just steps from downtown shopping, restaurants and attractions. This beautiful hotel offers a modern waterfront setting for unsurpassed guest service, exceptional dining, and full resort amenities, including an award-winning Spa, complimentary health club, indoor swimming pool and tennis/racquet courts. Take pleasure in our fully renovated guestrooms where each element has been chosen to reflect comfort, convenience and thoughtfulness for our guests. Integrate work and life with fresh and modern versatile spaces while you relax in our premium Sanctuary bed for the ultimate luxurious sleep experience.
WE ALL LOOK FORWARD TO HELPING YOU CREATE A WEST COAST ADVENTURE TO BE REMEMBERED!