Environmental stewardship is a core value at Eagle Wing. We are Canada’s first 100% carbon-neutral whale-watching company and members of 1% for the Planet. The natural world has massive demands being placed on it. As stewards of the Salish Sea, we actively work to protect the marine ecosystem we love. We are privileged to work in the presence of natural beauty and feel it is our duty to help make sure it will be here for generations to come. Our tours are fun AND educational, which greatly enhances the value of the experience! As compassionate marine stewards, Eagle Wing Tours inspires the conservation of our marine environment, with a thrill!
Eagle Wing and the Environment—-
Reduce what you can, offset what you can’t. Every year we commission a carbon audit to find areas where we can improve our relationship with the planet and besides recycling, reducing and re-using, we now purchase carbon credits from Carbon Fund.
- Eagle Wing off-sets 100% of our companies CO2 emissions. In 2010 we offset 317 Gross metric tonnes of Carbon, in 2011 we are undergoing our annual audit so we can offset this last season.
- 1% of our gross annual revenue is donated to environmental non for profit organizations through 1% For the Planet
- Because we use marine engines with the lowest emission rating,
- Eagle Wing operates the most eco-friendly whale watching boats in Victoria
- Reducing emissions with new Suzuki 4 stroke engine technology (no oil burn) more fuel efficient, cleaner and quieter.
- Use environmentally sound Volvo Penta D9 diesel engines (the only diesels endorsed by the European Union), more fuel efficient, cleaner, quieter.
- Reduce the amount of underwater noise with whisper quiet Arneson Twin Disc surface propulsion technology (rain falling on the water makes more noise!).
- NEW advanced “scarab” and “catamaran” hull designs leaves a much smaller wake (wave) to reduce shore erosion while being safer, smoother, more fuel efficient and quiet.
- Our office recycles reuses and finds ways to reduce waste on a daily basis.
- We participate in salmon enhancement projects, helping sustain food for killer whales and other marine animals and our forests. (Goldstream Salmon Hatchery)
- We participate in stream rehabilitation programs, helping foster future generations of wild Pacific salmon. (Pacific Salmon Foundation)
- Help sponsor local marine research programs, this increases our knowledge and awareness about current environmental issues. (Shaw Ocean Discovery Centre and Lester B. Pearson College United World College of the Pacific / Race Rocks Ecological Reserve and Marine Protected Area)
- Participate in local initiatives supporting Earth Day and World Ocean Day financially
- We ‘adopt’ killer whales, supporting non-profit efforts to educate private boaters. (BC Wild Killer Whale Adoption Program and the Orca Adoption Program in the USA)
- Proud members of the Pacific Whale Watch Association, an industry group working with researchers and government in order to develop safe guidelines for all boaters
- With extremely well educated and dedicated captains and crew, we educate and excite our guests with passion & knowledge about the environment. Experience shows that this knowledge is then passed all over the world.
By being the first Carbon Neutral whale watching company
in Canada we are helping our passengers enjoy our marine adventures, while supporting a green economy. Eagle Wing Tours – your natural choice for Green whale watching and marine eco-tourism adventures.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HELPING YOU CREATE A WEST COAST ADVENTURE TO BE REMEMBERED!