At The Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, we believe that if everyone participates in making small changes to their daily practices, we can minimize the negative impacts and maximize the benefits to our ecosystem and continue to enjoy our Victoria paradise. We are proud to have been awarded Four Green Keys from the Hotel Association of Canada’s environmental performance program.
This award is defined as a property that has shown national industry leadership and commitment to protecting the environment through wide ranging policies and practices. The Hotel has programs in place that involve management, employees, guests, and the public which have shown substantial and
measurable results. The Hotel’s active Waste Diversion Program which includes composting in all areas of the hotel including our staff cafeteria has resulted in a 70%
diversion of our waste away from the landfill. Some of our many green initiatives include but are not limited to the following:
- A very active Green Committee who meets once per month
- We compost all food waste including some paper products
- Partially used toilet paper rolls are used in our staff areas.
- We are 100% non-smoking.
- We don’t automatically replace the guestroom amenities
- We have a linen reuse program to conserve energy and water consumption.
- We use environmentally friendly cleaners and washing fluids.
- We recycle paper, cardboard, glass, plastic and aluminum
- Recycling bins are found in all of our guestrooms, offices, and meeting rooms
- We use low flow showerheads in guestrooms.
- Our landscaping irrigation is controlled to avoid over-watering.
- We donate furniture, sheets and other hotel supplies.
- All office printers are set to automatically print double-sided.
- We use dozens of local suppliers and organic foods, and support the Ocean Wise
- seafood program by using sustainable fish.
- We have installed motion sensor lighting in all Room Attendant closets and
- electrical rooms to save energy.
- Our common areas feature energy-efficient light bulbs.
- Guest Newsletters are posted on elevator landings instead of in each guestroom
- Give guests the option to have electronic receipts e-mailed to them in place of
- A climate control thermostat system has been installed in all 240 guestrooms.
We are also proud to be part of Delta Greens, a comprehensive environmental initiative launched in every Delta Hotel across Canada. Delta Greens focuses on reducing impact on the environment by focusing on 12 measurable sustainability indicators: energy consumption, carbon emissions, green energy, water consumption, waste output, waste diversion, green purchasing, design and construction, m
aintenance and operations, employee awareness and engagement, community activities, and Delta Greens awareness.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HELPING YOU CREATE A WEST COAST ADVENTURE TO BE REMEMBERED!